Wanting more than the window-shopping experience and see the newest models in person, we drove to a large dealership in Hanau and paced the lot several times, comparing features, colours and options. Inside the show-room, the different configurations for the dash and the cabin, really became an embarrassment of choices. We were dazzled, but I think we have a better idea what we want in a new camper—Lady II. On the way back home, we stopped an explored the enchanted and storied town of Steinau an der Straße on the River Kinzig. It has that designation because it lies on the ancient trade route, a Roman road between the market-places of Frankfurt and Leipzig.

The imposing and well- preserved Schloß, dating from early Renaissance times, I think, was an inspiring backdrop for two of the town’s famous residents, the Brothers Grimm, linguists and compilers of folklore and fairy-tales. Pausing at a café, a telephone went off with a tinny ring from the Nutcracker Suite, and I imagined that it was mandatory that all residents have similar fairy-tale music ringtones.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen